too much sugar not good for the health

Falk-Florian Henrich schreibmalwieder at hammerfort.de
Wed Mar 21 09:30:45 PDT 2007

Am Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:16:08 -0700 schrieb janderson:

> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> Personally I don't think D is anywhere near the threshold of having to
> much.  Take a look at the most successful langugage (English), it keeps
> getting bigger and bigger every day.  We just don't have enough syntax
> to describe everything.

Without discussing what "successful" is supposed to mean in the realm of
natural languages, I think the syntax of English is shrinking rather than
growing. Plus, today's lingua franca is a tiny subset of English with a
type discipline comparable to that of K&R C.

Apart from that, I agree with you that D's syntax is a lot easier to
understand than that of C++.

Falk