Automated page translation with Google

Roberto Mariottini rmariottini at mail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:21:55 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> I've been looking into adding buttons to the D web pages to do automatic
> translation to different languages. The trouble is, the google
> translator also attempts to translate the code blocks, resulting in a mess.

The real trouble is that these translators are not good enough for
'production'.

Here in Italy we laugh at sites automatically translated, we even signal
them to friends by e-mail.
One of the funniest was the now non-working it.mp3u.com, where you could
find some pearls like:

"100% risk free" => "100% rischia liberamente" that means "you risk 100%
freely" (ROTFL), and should be "Libero da rischi al 100%".

Ciao

P.S.: Google Translate brings "rischio di 100% liberamente" that means
"risk of 100% freely". LOL