Automated page translation with Google

janderson askme at me.com
Fri Mar 23 20:26:52 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Hasan Aljudy wrote:
>> Seeing as how automated translation is horrible at best, might as well
>> just drop the whole idea ...
>
> I've experimented with the German=>English translations (see
> http://www.generalatomic.com/teil1/index.html) and, while horrible, is
> decipherable. It's better (much better) than nothing.
>
> It's also kinda fun :-)

Some of the englisg is very hard to understand, while other parts are
surprisingly well translated.

For instance this segment I thought was rather good.

We take the glow small lamp from the box and connect the connections
with the connections + and -4.5 V (fig. 2). Then we switch the switch on
S6. The small lamp will brightly burn. The thin wire contained in the
small lamp now forms a connection between the power source connections,
and it comes off a strong electron flow, which is so strong that the
electrons rub against the atoms of the thread very strongly 1). Friction
however produces as well known warmth; it becomes so strong in our case
that the thread begins glowing and light produced. The river flows
thereby in such a way, like it into fig. 3 registered is i.e., from the
negative pole thick with electrons over the small lamp to the positive
terminal.

-Joel