shebang launcher for D programs

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Mon Mar 26 17:20:36 PDT 2007

> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>
> Which brings me to the question: what is the project style with D that
> people use? What tool(s) do you use, and in what sequence?  The way I
> currently do things is, I have a bunch of modules in a directory tree
> and I import them in whichever programs I'm writing. I edit the program,
> save it, and then just start it (the .d program; the fact that object
> files and a binary executable are generated is entirely transparent)
> from the command line. I never need to explicitly compile or build
> anything, and I only see any messages (such as gcc's link command) when
> the program has an error.
>

> Andrei

Well, I have two distinct scenarios.
1: D "scripts", which are small, one-file programs, only linked to some
common utility shell scripting modules. I started using these as an
alternative to bash scripting which didn't scale well (if at all, lol).

2: Normal D programs. I don't have any actual D project, but for bigger
apps (multi-modules) I use a simple Ant script that wraps around bud. D
code is edited in Eclipse, and also launched from Eclipse. This is also
my sandbox where I do test code and try features and stuff (even if just
on one file).

I, like many others here, have also always recognized the great
advantage of having the functionality of build (automatically include
dependencies) and rdmd (create temporary files in temporary dirs,
automatically run the target program) into the standard dmd distribution.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student