bad behaviour and manipulation

kris foo at bar.com
Fri Mar 30 15:35:48 PDT 2007

> John Reimer wrote:
[snip]

>> Andrei does come across as having an agenda.  I can accept that given his
>> position in the influence of D; but it's becoming very hard to separate
>> truth from perspective in all these posts.  Why is it wrong to state that
>> Andrei has an agenda?  He does, doesn't he?  Are we all afraid to
>> admit it?
>> I just don't think he's going about it very honestly. If he were trully
>> seeking to be helpful to Tango design ideas, he would be contributing
>> over
>> in the Tango forums... Since he doesn't do that, it's quite easy to see
>> why one might think he has an agenda... and not in Tango's favour.
>>
>> Andrei does tend to push his preferences on the community. That
>> deserves to be balanced.  Kris, Sean, and others have been doing their
>> best
>> to be clear and fair in regards to addressing Tango "propaganda"; if
>> Andrei makes allegations about Tango, they are obligated to
>> either defend design decisions or accept recommendations as feasible and
>> beneficial.  I think they've been doing a very good job of both given the
>> circumstances.  Are people not noticing this?
>> I don't recall ever seeing Andrei admit he is wrong without some
>> equivication or deflection. If he does, it's often hidden in some sorty
>> joke or distraction. He's just not a straight forward person, plain and
>> simple.  Either that or he has trouble with humility.
>>
>> He's got oodles of creativity, good ideas, experience... and personal
>> opinions (like many here) and maybe even a little bit of academic
>> rigour to
>> back him up :). He makes tons of :O) faces. But these matter little,
>> if he
>> serves his own preferences, his own interests, and his own agenda.  Maybe
>> I got him wrong, but from what I've seen, I doubt it.
>

> The only civilized response I can imagine to this is killfiling sender's
> address. It's understandable for anyone to get heated and make a few ad
> hominem arguments in the midst of a heated argument. But to actually sit
> down and build an entire web of assumptions leading to sweeping
> personality judgments, that's just shady.

This "shady" claim is surely an outrageous manipulation coming from
someone who has recently exhibited the attributes of a troll?

JJR is one of the finest and fairest people who hang around here; he's
known to be a humble and caring individual, with a certain distaste for
confrontation.

For him to write what he did indicates a level of discontent beyond the
pale, and it seems evident that this "web of assumptions" you lay at his
feet is something instigated and shaped by your own hand.

> Put yourself for a minute at
> the receiving end of such calumny and you'll understand why you ought to
> be ashamed of yourself.

Then please consider your own behaviour, and the "receiving end" of
those upon whom you have poured scorn? From the time you had a go at Tom
through to this point, it is my opinion that you have at various times
exhibited the attributes of a bigot, a bully, a megalomaniac and a
troll. There will be others who share this view, and those who don't:
the only thing that matters right here, given the history, is your
audacity to "play to the gallery" as some /injured/ party.

If there's anyone who should be ashamed, it is yourself Andrei. You've
been wholly effective at frittering away the wealth of respect you had
commanded (from me at least), through the kind of behaviour that John
described and Roberto *nailed* with his comment about your "trolling".

I'm no angel, yet I'll willingly shoulder responsibility for my actions
and retract or apologize sincerely where I've made a mistake. On the
other hand, I've yet to see a case (as John noted) where you've shown
any remorse or real corrective action for anything questionable you've
been party to. In truth, I've seen you ardently follow a course in the
opposite direction. You are welcome to do that, of course, but don't
start playing the injured & innocent and expect to walk away in a ray of
sunshine.

[yes, I'll likely be hauled over the coals on this post too; yet
sometimes it is better to first get the moose onto the table, and go
from there]