D and the world

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Wed May 2 23:30:25 PDT 2007

Chad J wrote:
> I remember seeing this earlier and thinking "sweet! a really big game
> project coded in D!"  I'm glad you posted more info here, and also glad
> it is working out so well.  I guess it's too late for me to sign up for
> a beta since you are going to present it like next week or something,
> but I will eagerly await the release.

There will surely be an announcement on the NG :)

> Also, it would be really cool if you decide to release the source code
> some day.  I'd love to see what 3d game engine code looks like in D.

Up to about 100 revisions ago, it used to be public:
http://deadlockd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

We've exceeded the quota on Google, they haven't answered so we moved it
out of Google. I'm not sure if the team would want to release the
current version of the code to the wide public, but I guess we could
organize some SVN access to D programmers interested in trying out the
engine, helping us in some way or whatnot ;)

As for the seeing how 3d game engine code looks in D... well, that's a
pretty novel design, none of us has ever read any other engine code so
you might be a bit surprised/shocked about Deadlock's ;)

> Good luck with your presentation!

Thanks! :)

--
Tomasz Stachowiak