Rob Pike's Newsqueak - some good concepts

Joel C. Salomon JoelCSalomon at Gmail.com
Sun May 20 20:31:54 PDT 2007

Mikola Lysenko wrote:
> Part of the problem with CSP-style languages is that implementing a non-deterministic choice operator or 'guarded' select is that it is very difficult.  Frankly, the version in DCSP is rather slow and unnecessarily limited.  In the future, I hope to address these issues, but I won't be able to do any work until I finish up my current projects.

The Newsqueak papers talk about the implementation of “select”; the Plan
9 thread(2) or Russ Cox’s libtask have the source code for the “Alt”
structure and its related code.  It’s a solved problem.

--Joel