Phango

Kris foo at bar.com
Sat Nov 17 14:22:11 PST 2007

"Janice Caron" <caron800 at googlemail.com> wrote in message

> Oh I don't think so. Walter is quite clear that module names should be
> lowercase, and I agree with him. And (apart from Tango) I think it is
> "the norm" to name classes in titlecase and variables in lowercase.
> Tango is just plain weird in giving variables names like "Stdout".
> That's just perverse. Just because it's a global variable doesn't mean
> you can go all titlecase.

knew you'd find a way to dredge this up again :)

We've already discussed this Janice, and your position was shown to be
somewhat more than dubious at that time. That hasn't changed, so it comes
down purely to your 'personal' taste.

You don't /have/ to use Tango if you find the use of distinguishing
characters to be so bitterly offensive. Really, you don't. You swore it off
before, and yet here you are ranting about this again. I don't get the
issue. It's nothing but a storm in a teacup. Shrug

And please, don't start again with the "it says in the D doc that ..."
because we've already been there. Done that. Over. Finito. Or maybe you
didn't read the responses the last time around? :)

Still, thanks for your interest in Tango all the same. I'm really glad that
you find the functionality worthwhile to be spending your time converting
it.

Best;

- Kris