Phango

Alix Pexton _a_l_i_x_._p_e_x_t_o_n_ at _g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m_
Sun Nov 18 14:28:40 PST 2007

Kris wrote:
> "Alix Pexton" <_a_l_i_x_._p_e_x_t_o_n_ at _g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m_
>> wrote in message you are much less mature than RenoX.
>
> Thanks Alix.
>
> I find serious immaturity surrounding this entire issue. It's seems to be
> about
>
> "I don't like Stdout because it should be stdout instead. Dammit!", or "I
> won't even use Tango just because the module names aren't lowercase!".
>
> I mean, seriously. What would you call that, Alix? I suspect most people
> would call it "petty beyond contemplation".
>
> You have a choice. Don't get hung up on the tiny details, when there's a
> whole treasure of functionality in Tango, plus an active and dedicted group
> of people to ensure it remains nurtured.

I can only assume that there is a red mist that is stopping you from seeing the points that pwople are trying to make, you are too protective of your precious.

I have tried to be constructive and explain exactly my objections and why I find that one particular aspect of Tango, for me, makes code that uses it confusing to read, even if I myself follow your exact naming practices, and more so if I use my own.

All you reply is that you have a choice, you do not try to explain why the system that you have chosen is better.

Some might read into that you don't actually have a counter argument but are too stuborn to make any kind of address.

If you were a professional contractor and I had hired you to implement a library, would you have the same responce, or would you just say "you have a choice" and forfeit your payment?

I can understand that you perhaps feel that you have already covered this issue before and that you don't want to get drawn into it again, but your attitude just seems strange for someone who is creating a library for a community.

And from your point of view as the writer of the library, the presence of some capitals might be a tiny detail, but the confusion that I have found when trying to use that library as a consumer are sufficient to deter me from adopting it.

While there is no alternative, and the fledgeling D community is in effect your captured audience I believe Tango will do well, but if you ever find yourself with real competition, I think that you will have to change your attitude (and this effects way more than theis CamelCase issue) or see Tango's user base rapidly dwindle.

You will never see any company advertise its products with the slogan "Well, you have a choice!"

A...