Phango - questions

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon Nov 19 04:36:09 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Regan Heath wrote:
>> As for a suggestion of naming and style, I like the one Janice posted:
>>
>> Module name components: likethis
>
> What about the pen island module problem?  Underscores?  Do you have any
> comments to add to the pro column for 'likethis' over in the Module
> naming conventions thread?  Or rebuttals to those in the pro column for
> LikeThis?

I don't really like underscores either.  Is the "pen island" problem
really a problem?  How often does that happen?

I think the number of modules causes/increases the likelyhood.  Sean
made a good post describing the pro's/con's of having a large number of
modules:

http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=61853

A weakness in the linker may have been a factor in some of the decisions
and I wonder whether they would change if the weakness was fixed?

Then I think, regardless of the number of modules and what you call them
I'm still going to need searchable documentation to find the
class/method/feature I want at any given time.  So, while descriptive
naming of modules etc may help a little they don't mean all that much to me.

At the end of the day a decision has to be made and it won't make
everyone happy (as both Sean and Kris have said a few times).  Given
that and provided there isn't an obvious flaw the system used I would
simply get used to it.

Regan