Phango - questions

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Nov 20 01:31:44 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> Why do private members need to be differentiated typographically?
>
> I kinda wonder the same thing. Private members are limited in scope, and
> the more limited in scope a name is, the less important it is to follow
> a special naming convention.

Yes they're limited in scope, but that scope can be pretty much an
entire file.  If the scope of a class is bigger than one or two
screenfuls, then flagging members can be helpful.  If it's a tiny class
where you can see the whole thing on one page, then I agree,
differentiating members from parameters and locals is less useful.

--bb