Phango - questions

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Nov 20 09:25:56 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> Why do private members need to be differentiated typographically?
>
> I kinda wonder the same thing. Private members are limited in scope, and
> the more limited in scope a name is, the less important it is to follow
> a special naming convention.

Class implementations occupy more than one screen's worth of text, while
functions (typically) do not.  Labeling member data indicates at a
glance that the data is at class scope and not module or global scope.
I find that doing so serves as a useful indicator for determining
function side-effects and indicating whether mutexes and such are
required.  I label static members separately for the same reason.

Sean