create digitalmars.D.moderated ??

David B. Held dheld at codelogicconsulting.com
Tue Nov 20 22:33:50 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> [...]
> The other downside to a moderated system is that since someone has to
> look at every message, there is inevitably some delay in message
> delivery, maybe up to 24hrs.  I'm just guessing though.

The way c.l.c++.m works is that long-time posters generally get more
leeway (read: less scrutiny), while newer posters are watched more
carefully.  I've seen posts go through pretty quickly sometimes, because
it's obvious that the moderators don't necessarily read every word of
every post.  However, I will say that even as respected a group as
c.l.c++.m has its own biases in moderation.  They are not consistent, or
moderation would fail.  But it's quite easy for one or two people here
or there to get a bad shake now and then and leave a bad impression of
the NG.  Overall, I think it's a net win, despite the flaws.

Dave