Bitfield structs and suggestion

Nick B nick.barbalich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:33:04 PST 2007

Richard Bradley wrote:
 >There seems to be a lot of support for a feature along these lines.
 >There has been a good discussion going on for quite some time. The
 >underlying question is do we want D to live in this “low level bare
 >metal “ environment? And if so, what do we (yes, I am including
myself) > need to do?

Richard

As no one else if volunteering at present,
I would like to suggest the following.

You create one document that covers the following:

1. Detail exactly the Bitfield functionality what you require (you
    seem to know this better than anyone on this list);
2. Address why the language _needs_  this functionality;
2. Describe the target audience of the said feature(s);
3. Make a pitch as to the _number_ of additional users/projects who
    might join the "D" community as a result of said features.

When completed, ask for feedback from the "D" community, incorporate any
feedback if required, and then, finally send it to Walter directly,
asking for comment/feedback.

Good Luck

Nick B