Key issue for PhanTango?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:05:16 PDT 2007

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Lutger wrote:
>
>> Kris wrote:
>>> I'm going to push this up for comment since I suspect it is a key factor:
>>>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=60063
>>> Opinions?  Is this what matters to people?
>>>

>> Yes it matters, for this is one key benefit of a *standard* library.
>> However for me, it is not the main problem. Worse is that, for example,
>> one cannot compile Tango programs with phobos libraries. Rather than an
>> all or nothing approach, I would prefer this to change, which is much
>> less problematic to solve too.
>
> Do mean like Tangobos? Or that Tango runs on Phobos' runtime?

Both achieve the same purpose, which is most important. However I get
the impression that the Tango runtime is better designed and arguments
have been made this is an integral part of Tango.
Actually I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough about the runtime and
rather trust your (the Tango team, and also Walter Bright) judgement on
this, so I don't have much to say here.