Pointer arithmetic

Kyle Furlong kylefurlong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:50:32 PDT 2007

Alexander Panek wrote:
> Kyle Furlong wrote:
>> That being said, D can be used as a better C. (no preprocessor,
>> modules, etc.)
>
> Definitely!
> /me puts some emphasis marks around that post

I guess to elaborate on this, since people might find it interesting,
for x86 at least, D is a wonderful choice for OS design. I've worked
with D in a couple of kernel programming cases, and while you dont have
all the bells and whistles of the runtime with the GC and all of that,
what you do get is a more sane, manageable C-like language.