D vs. C#

Mike michi_w2001 at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 20 13:49:39 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have some advanced knowledge of programming with C and C++.
While I like C for its simplicity and speed, it lacks some important functionality (like OO). I'm not very fond of C++, since it is quite clumsy. (But you know all that already)

Anyway, I was looking for a new programming language for little projects. I looked into the specs of the D language and became quite fond of it. Anyway, I hear a lot of good things about C# as well.
I am not experienced enough to compare the two simply on the basis of their specifications. I tried finding some comparison on the internet but failed to find anything more recent than from 2003.

I was wondering about the advantages of either and languages, and in which case one is more appropriate than the other and I hope you can help me out!

Many thanks in advance,
Mike