D vs. C#

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Oct 24 14:36:16 PDT 2007

Joel Lucsy Wrote:
> Oh? Since when? I know for a fact it doesn't, especially since MS has a
> new library they are constructing for .Net 3.5.

I have done real tests of the nbody problem (from the Shootout site) of the C# code on an beta version of dotnet 3.0 and it runs almost two times faster than the D version (and the C++ version without parallel annotations), I have done those tests with a friend :-) I have seen with my eyes that it uses both cores of the CPU while running, while the D version uses one only. So maybe we are talking about a bit different things... There are many ways to mess things with quick tests, so I won't push this topic more :-)

Bye,
bearophile