D worth using for large project? (And what IDE?)

NCODA jastoms at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:26:58 PDT 2007

Hey thanks for the responses

Well that answers my community question.

I just discovered the compiler argument problem just then - I was using dmc.exe as the compiler (auto setup from Code:Blocks)... but it doesnt work. But dmd.exe does work. So I changed Code:Blocks to work with dmd.exe.

Does anyone know how to properly get DMD to work with Code:Blocks? I've managed to get a console app compiled, but no luck with the windows one. I copied the windows sample from this website, but get these errors

OPTLINK : Warning 23: No Stack
.objs\test.obj(test)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object6Object8opEqualsMFC6ObjectZi
.objs\test.obj(test)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object6Object5opCmpMFC6ObjectZi

BTW - Does anyone else compile for windows? and what IDE do they use?