Proposal: this.d

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 00:30:00 PDT 2007

For me, this is a simple naming thing ... but also a must!

As I see it, the problem (or at least, /a/ problem) is that if I have
modules:
x.a
x.b
x.c
x.d

Then I cannot simultaneously have a module called

(and have it be in the same package as x.a, etc.). And yet, that is often
exactly what I want to do. The "D-way" seems to be to name the package
x.x

but that's ugly, so, if naming a package
x.this

will allow me to refer to it as just x, then I'm all for it. I don't
actually care what goes /in/ the package though. That's up to whoever writes
it.