Two "standard" libraries???

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 15 01:23:11 PDT 2007

Carsten Sørensen schrieb:
> What I would like to see is tango being adopted as _the_ standard
> library for D. Clean slate. Possibly with a phobos compatibility layer.
> If that's not possible, simply drop phobos and force people to use to
> use tango with D 3.0.

Drop Phobos. Vote++.
Rationale-
PRO Tango :
1) Tango is community driven (more or less) Phobos is not.
2) Tango's functionality grows with every litte update, Phobos is at a
stand still.

Pro Phobos :
1) Is allways up to date with the latest D compiler.

General :
1) The D library situation is still lousy.  Standard-GUI, Database, DTL,
communication  ... So having two "standard libraries" is a complete
waste of time and human resourses.
Bjoern