Tango quibbles - please write tickets so we can track them

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Sep 16 04:29:17 PDT 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 9/16/07, kris <foo at bar.com> wrote:

> I don't consider the D Style Guide by Walter Bright to be a "minor
> stylistic suggestion", I consider it to be part of the D
> specificiation.
>
> http://digitalmars.com/d/dstyle.html

It's just a list of stylistic choices Walter prefers.  Nothing more
nothing less.

"The D Style ... is purely cosmetic and a matter of choice."

One thing you'll find out about Walter is that while he's great at
writing compilers, he's actually not a very active D user (the compiler
is written in C++), and not much of a software engineering guy in
general.  He's a nuts and bolts kind of guy.  I'm not actually too
familiar with his style recommendations, but he's not the first guy I'd
go to for advice about coding style.

--bb