Proposal: Alias more powerful concurrency, and more powerful manipulation of try block

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:56:26 PDT 2007

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of this is even *remotely* possible.

What you're trying to do is access a piece of memory without having
*any* idea where it is.  Consider your SEH example; there is simply no
way for FilterFunc to know where func1.flag is.  Where that variable is
stored depends entirely on what functions got called before it.  Hell,
what if func1 has recursively called itself several times before calling
FilterFunc?  What does the alias mean then?

What's more, look at how the code is structured; you call func1 from
func, and then call into FilterFunc.  But by the time FilterFunc is
called, func1's local state is no longer on the stack; it's more than
likely been replaced by FilterFunc's own local state.

On a side note, I fail to see what this has to do with concurrency.

	-- Daniel