GUI strategy?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Sat Sep 29 03:25:05 PDT 2007

Daniel Keep wrote:
> Walter "blessed" DWT (I believe it was) and... it promptly died.
>
> Granted, we've got Tioport making excellent progress now, but I don't
> think Walter wants to bless any particular library that he himself isn't
> responsible for.
>
> As for getting the community to agree on one, good luck on that.  I
> remember lots of threads about designing a community-standard, and no
> one could agree on something as basic as: should it owner-draw or use
> native widgets.  Both sides have very good, solid arguments for them.
> And people in general have a habit of (sometimes violently) backing
> their very good, solidly justified team. :)

Nor will there ever be an agreement on those issues, just as there isn't
outside of the D community. It seems to be kinda like static vs. dynamic
languages where everyone has a favorite that more adequately suits them,
but no objective best one.
Still, I think it would be reasonable to hope that at least in each
category, there could be a standard (as in, de facto) GUI library.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student