Where do you go to find your C++ articles and/or news these days?

Matthew Wilson matthew at hat.stlsoft.dot.org
Sat Apr 5 14:10:48 PDT 2008

Hi

It's been a while since my consulting practice stole all the time I wanted to spend researching and writing, and things in the
publishing world seem to have changed considerably in that time. CUJ is gone, and other magazines seem to have lost their pizzaz
(and some, perhaps, quality along with it). Other than the ACCU, I'm not aware of anything C/C++-related maintaining any significant
momentum. Of course, I could be quite wrong, which is why I'm putting out the question.

I've a number of things that I want to publish in the remainder of the year, including intro pieces, design discussions and
tutorials on Pantheios, FastFormat and flecxx, and extracts from my next book, Breaking Up The Monolith. There're also several
things I'd like to write up that pertain to s/w engineering in general, or to other languages.

I'd really appreciate hearing from people where they go these days, so I can best target the prospective audience.

Some possibilities:
 - CVu / Overload (ACCU)
 - CodeProject
 - DDJ
 - The C++ Source
 - newsgroups
 - just not interested in C++ / C++ libraries any more

Thanks in advance

Matt

Dr Matthew D. Wilson

Director, Synesis Software - Fit-for-purpose Software Solutions
    (www.synesis.com.au)
Author: "Extended STL, volume 1", Addison-Wesley, 2007
    (www.extendedstl.com)
Author: "Imperfect C++", Addison-Wesley, 2004