how about dem 64bits?

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 05:52:59 PDT 2008

"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote in message
news:ftvis4$2v9s$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I think the problem with Vista is that just that Microsoft finally got
> things right pretty much right at last with XP in terms of the OS.  It
> was the first time Win95 and WinNT really were integrated.  And that was
> a big deal.  This time all they've got to encourage people to switch is
> glitz and hype.  That's not enough to impress the folks in corporate IT
> centers with the big budgets.  XP works pretty darn well.  That's the
> biggest problem with Vista.

Completely agreed.

I don't know if it's telling or not, but Windows 7 is possibly slated for
release sometime in the next year
(http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9911470-56.html).  Like the article says
that might just be a developer release.  Even if it's not, it's supposed to
come out in 2010 or so.  That seems terribly quick, and I'm not sure if it's
just MS being MS or if they really realized what an unattractive OS Vista is
for most people.