Handling constructive criticism

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu Apr 17 08:04:10 PDT 2008

== Quote from Don (nospam at nospam.com)'s article
> I'd even suggest that already, too much of the D community spends time
> worrying about language issues (such as const) when there's far more
> useful things that could be done.

My worry with issues like const is that if the community is simply focused
on development then new features that are potentially not appealing will
be added as we'll be stuck with them once D 2.0 stabilizes.  Walter and
crew are very talented people, but they aren't infallible and neither do
they represent an accurate cross-section of the D community in terms
of desires or experience.  Were I in their place, I'd want as much feedback
as I could get.  Heck, I do for Tango :-)

Sean