A few simple syntactic proposals

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 01:35:25 PDT 2008

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Robert Fraser, el 16 de abril a las 17:38 me escribiste:
>> Anyone has the right to veto any proposal here, but if there aren't any vetos I may add them to bugzilla.
>
> I think you should define an ending date for discussion, otherwise this
> thread will be probably lost in infinite suggestions/discussions and will
> never be included in the bugzilla.
>
> Even more, I think there should be one thread per proposal, so it's easier
> to see which proposal have "vetos" and which not.
>
> And adding stuff to bugzilla is not such a big thing, you can add it
> anyways and if the proposal seems to be rejected, the bug is closed with
> WONTFIX, with the advantage of being there for future reference. If
> somebody want to propose something again in the future, he can see in the
> bugzilla why it was rejected.

I agree with you. This topic was probably a bad idea, but it seems like
a lot of these complaints/suggestions on here are not being submitted to
bugzilla, contrary to Walter's suggestion. I wanted to do something
proactive about that. I also wanted to group non-controversial proposals
(of course, from what I remember, const-by-default was nearly
non-controversial and that didn't make it, so...).

I think you're right, though -- I'll just go ahead and add my
suggestions (after looking through all the enhancement requests there;
there are quite a few Walter shot down but weren't marked WONTFIX on
bugzilla).