Handling constructive criticism

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 17:36:56 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:

> A lot of them seem to be of the "goto FINISHED;" variety to do some
> final tidying up before leaving a function no matter what path you took
> inside the function.  That's a pretty reasonable use of goto in C code
> in my opinion (though DMD is actually C++).

I use gotos that way myself in C. I've never understood why so many
people continue to say that goto is evil. Once upon a time it was, in
the days when you could jump to any label anywhere in the program. But
with the restriction of using labels only in the current scope, I just
don't see the evilness.