What's the problem if add toMBSz to tango.sys.win32 ?

yidabu yidabu.spam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 16:29:36 PDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:26:28 +0200
Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar at igesund.net> wrote:

thanks for you reply.

> You can't say wrong without coming with a solution, or at least an
> explanation why it is wrong.

is it right? the solution is Phobos way: toMBSz(name)

>This doesn't have much to do with fan-dom either, we're just mostly
> Unicode users.

I'm Unicode user, not the D users, A version Windows API need multi byte convert.

> The problem is that you are not explaining the problem. You say there is a
> problem, but you don't provide us with test cases that fail, neither give
> proper resolutions. Bill did provide some clarifications in the previous
> round, and some of those issues has been resolved, but some were still not
> clear enough to figure out how they could be solved.

the problem is Tango has many bad(wrong?) sample for calling A vesion Windows API, and Tango based code have not a convenient way to calling A version Windows API.

--
yidabu <yidabu.spam at gmail.com>
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwin

D 语言-中文(D Chinese):