Sharing in D

superdan super at dan.org
Fri Aug 1 08:25:07 PDT 2008

Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:

> "superdan" wrote
> > you may as well be equally right. or even more right, as you usually are.
> > sure you are a great hacker who knows threads in and out, as "you spend a
> > lot of time thinking about multithreaded issues". i'm impressed. i do
> > suggest you run a lil experiment one day tho. google for walter bright.
> > figure out what kinds of shit he's done. google for bartosz milewski.
> > figure out for what kinds of shit he's done. google for andrei
> > alexanderescu. figure out for what kinds of shit he's done. then google
> > for steven schveighoffer. unless sure enough you are hans boehm in
> > disguise. then ask yourself. "is my big mouth going to make up for all
> > this?"
>
> Just because I'm not published all over google doesn't mean I don't know
> anything.  Your artistic use of the english language combined with bullying
> tactics doesn't really phase me, as I care nothing about ego.  So go right
> ahead and bitch about what I don't know :)  Last I heard, this is a public
> forum, and I'm free to question Walter and his team as much as I want.
>
> I can't believe you pulled the "do you know who I am" card for Walter :)

thanks for keeping ur cool. really appreciate that. my intent was not to bully you and shit.

this is programming. it's not entomology. anybody who's somebody in programming *is* on the web somewhere for the web is nerdworld. some participation to an open source project. some blog. some article they've written. that's what i see all around.

but i still agree. sometimes you can know your shit without being published. you work for nasa, cia, or some secretive hedge fund. or you just don't like sharing shit. no problem. but without a track record you must come with real good *factual* shit to be credible. not "i spend a lot of time thinking about this shit". not what you believe. without a proven track record nobody gives a shit on how you spend your nights or on what you believe.

so as long as you stick to facts u should be in good shape. if you come with "my opinion is" shit then you should understand nobody will give a shit. in fact they will give a negative shit because that further fucks your credibility.

as an example of good factual shit is your point that nonshared -> shared should not be implicit. now you're talking. i'll think about that shit too.

insofar as this being a public forum. i'm a prime abuser of that with my shitfucking and shit. but that is nothing compared to the technical abuse this forum has seen and still does. if that goes down i'd be happy to get my shitfucking shit down too.

> What do I get if I google for superdan?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLLk42PcM9I
>
> -Steve

sweet :)