Need help converting basic COM program from C++ to D

Chris Burt-Brown brokenbeta+newsgroups at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:42:55 PDT 2008

Hi, this my first post and I'm a little lost so please excuse my missteps.

I am trying to implement this basic little program:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms783787(VS.85).aspx

This is a DirectShow "hello world" and I have been looking around for anyone
who has actually connected to DirectShow through D, but it doesn't appear to
have been done. I'm sure that I can cope with a more complex example if I
can get the basics down.

I've searched around and found various other cries for help relating for
COM; they have only served to confuse me further :( and the section on COM
on the Digital Mars website is ... erm, disappointingly brief.

I know that this one's a tricky one. Even the slightest nod in a direction
will be appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Chris