D 2.0 on Mac OS X

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Aug 10 12:51:14 PDT 2008

Michel Fortin wrote:

> I'd really like to create a package with my D plugin for Xcode, GDC, and
> a patched GDB capable of demangling function names; the later two are
> available on gdcmac.sf.net (thanks Anders), but this version has some
> problems with Mac OS X Leopard. I'd like to make installation as easy as
> Xcode itself, but I'm somewhat stuck right now. (The next logical step
> would be to patch GDC myself so that it compiles fine on top of Apple's
> GCC, but I hadn't had the time to do that yet.)

A version supporting Leopard and Xcode 3 is on the TODO, but Tango
support has higher priority than the D2 language at the moment...

That is, "supporting Leopard natively" - the current* version of GDC
should be able to limp along with the Tiger compilers and Xcode 2.5.

--anders

* that would be the latest subversion with some Leopard linker hacks:
   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gdcmac/gdc-trunk-r206-mac-10.4.dmg