Tango vs Phobos

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 08:09:02 PDT 2008

What about, at least initially, releasing a subset of Tango for D2 and gradually
porting more as issues are fixed?  For example, just for now, just release
whatever subset of Tango is high-level enough to run on top of the D2 Phobos
runtime and isn't plagued too severely by const issues, even if it doesn't mesh
perfectly, i.e. requires some casting, etc. on the part of client code.  I'm not
really sure, but I would guess that this would leave a reasonably large subset
with plenty of useful things.

To be honest, I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I thought I would throw it
out there as a suggestion.  Tango is a huge library with tons of nice stuff, and
it seems like a shame that D2 users can't use any of it if only parts of it are
broken.