Tango vs Phobos

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Wed Aug 13 13:17:25 PDT 2008

Robert Fraser wrote:
> I see the D community heading for a split. One side will be D1 (hopefully a D 1.5) +tango, and the other side will be D2+phobos.  I don't think of this as a bad thing nessescarily, just two different directions.

That might be okay in an open source project, where the community can
just fork the project and go their separate ways. But my assumption is
that D1 will eventually be end-of-life'd, maybe when D3 eventually
arrives. What happens to the D1 people then? Especially given the
incompatibilities between D1 and D2. They won't be able to easily port
their code, and my assumption is that they'll just be screwed.

--benji