[OT] - does IP exist?

Jb jb at nowhere.com
Sun Aug 17 18:19:28 PDT 2008

"Yigal Chripun" <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:g8adb5$f92$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Copyright is about some person A decides to give the information TO
> person B AND ALSO forcefully deny that person B to make the same
> decision for themselves.

No it's not. That's not it at all.

For example I can give you a recording of a song I wrote. You could work out
the tune and melody, and then teach the song to other people. You can even
perform the song in public. (at least in the UK).

If i gave you a book I wrote you could share the information in the book
with other people. You can talk about it, tell them about, you could even
write your own book on the subject.

What you cant do is copy my book and give it to other people, nor can you
copy my book and pass it off as your own work.

Copyright does not stop you sharing information. It stops you copying other
peoples work.

What will it take to get you to understand this?