[OT] - does IP exist?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:13:23 PDT 2008

Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 03:08:23 +0300, Yigal Chripun wrote:
>
>> Jesse Phillips wrote:
>>  > Alright, let us start from the beginning. What is a right, who gives
>>  > us
>>> this right, and why do we have them?
>> Let's do this another way. Instead of me trying to explain my POV again
>> I'll refer you to a post:
> d at puremagic.com
>> this is by Adam D. Ruppe and he explains it much better than I can. he's
>> post is the exact thing I'm trying to claim.
>
> Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> "Then why is this debate about rights? Rights are irrelevant - what
> matters is the results."
>
> Wrong. Don't care about the results. I'm all about the individuals rights.
>
> "If your goal is to create an environment where ideas and art flourish,
> great. That's a good goal, and that is where your defence should be
> focused."
>
> Nope, my goal is to have rules and regulations make it so that people do
> not interfere with other persons or their property. And to do so people
> need to have rights, rights that don't interfere with other peoples
> rights. This creates a big problem with the below suggestion.
>
> "Forget all this repetitive talk about rights, and talk about how the
> law helps or doesn't help achieve this goal (or whatever other goal you
> want to set).
>
> "Copyright law might be a valid way to achieve this goal. It might not
> be. There might be completely better ways (something I'm convinced of).
>
> "Setting a real world goal for the debate lets both sides create an
> objective test case for their arguments, which would let it finally come
> to an adequate conclusion."
>
> I have set my goal, which heavily uses person's rights. And you have set
> yours, which is the best business model to have, what was it again, oh
> yes "information" spread.
>
> I have said before that I don't care about best business model and
> disagree with you as to what information is.
>
> I should probably continue on why I feel individual rights are more
> important than trying to help the world flourish with ideas and
> invention. People are greedy. My goal tries to tailer to this in a way
> that will help the flourishing of ideas and invention, yours just says it
> is a bad thing and should be denied. I do not see it as a bad thing, just
> a fact and no one should be punished for it (the free market can do that).

Do you own a mouse? not a real live one, but one that is connected to a
PC? if you do, than please click the link I provided. Your entire post
answers the *wrong* post.
Here's the link again in case I've mistyped it or something:
http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=75179