LDC Windows exception handling

Christian Kamm kamm-incasoftware at removethis.de
Fri Dec 19 09:29:03 PST 2008

Christian Kamm:

dsimcha:
>>> I think this solution is much better than nothing.  I assume it would
>>> at least
>>> work ok on standalone-type projects.

Aarti_pl:
>> Yeah... Also my thoughts...
>>
>> Additionally maybe there are 3rd party object files converters, and
>> "Windows people" work could be done using them as workaround?

Aarti_pl:
> I found such a converter (GPL licenced):
> http://agner.org/optimize/#objconv
>
> Can anyone comment if such a workaround will solve initial problem? (at
> least temporary).

I doubt it. This utility strips incompatible debug and exception handling
information by default and I don't know what happens if you tell it not to.
It's pretty likely the runtime won't find the tables in the foreign object
format.

Also, you'd still need GCC's dwarf2 unwinding runtime.