LDC Windows exception handling

aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Fri Dec 19 11:03:39 PST 2008

Christian Kamm pisze:
> Christian Kamm:
>
> dsimcha:
>
> Aarti_pl:
>>> Yeah... Also my thoughts...
>>>
>>> Additionally maybe there are 3rd party object files converters, and
>>> "Windows people" work could be done using them as workaround?
>
> Aarti_pl:
>> I found such a converter (GPL licenced):
>> http://agner.org/optimize/#objconv
>>
>> Can anyone comment if such a workaround will solve initial problem? (at
>> least temporary).
>
> I doubt it. This utility strips incompatible debug and exception handling
> information by default and I don't know what happens if you tell it not to.
> It's pretty likely the runtime won't find the tables in the foreign object
> format.
>
> Also, you'd still need GCC's dwarf2 unwinding runtime.

Well, I am not very familiar with internals of compilers.

I just would like to put my hands on fully working LDC on windows :-)

Just one more thought: Agner Fog seems to live in Copenhagen. Maybe it
would be good idea to contact with him? Especially for Thomas :-)

Anyway, thanks for your great work.

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)