dmd platform support - poll

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Dec 27 23:13:50 PST 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Wired is not necessarily backwards. :)  Despite the tangly lines, it's
> just easier to keep secure.

There are more reasons to like wireds. Plug the wire in, and it works,
you're up on the LAN. With wireless, there's usually 3-5 minutes of
fiddling to get connected. And if it won't connect, you have no idea
why, so you go cold boot the machine, cold boot the wireless access
point, hold the antenna up, etc. Phui.

Don't tell me this is fixed, either. I just got a brand new eee pc. Plug
in the wire, boom, perfection. Use the built in wireless, and fiddle,
faddle, cold boot, faddle, fiddle, cold boot, fiddle, faddle, ah, now
it's working. This is in the *AS SHIPPED* configuration, not something I
downloaded or installed.