dmd platform support - poll

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 23:19:58 PST 2008

Hello Walter,

> John Reimer wrote:
>
>> Wired is not necessarily backwards. :)  Despite the tangly lines,
>> it's just easier to keep secure.
>>
> There are more reasons to like wireds. Plug the wire in, and it works,
> you're up on the LAN. With wireless, there's usually 3-5 minutes of
> fiddling to get connected. And if it won't connect, you have no idea
> why, so you go cold boot the machine, cold boot the wireless access
> point, hold the antenna up, etc. Phui.
>
> Don't tell me this is fixed, either. I just got a brand new eee pc.
> Plug in the wire, boom, perfection. Use the built in wireless, and
> fiddle, faddle, cold boot, faddle, fiddle, cold boot, fiddle, faddle,
> ah, now it's working. This is in the *AS SHIPPED* configuration, not
> something I downloaded or installed.

Yeah... there are more complexities with wireless, for sure.  That said,
I haven't had that much trouble with wireless (not even on my eee pc).  It
sometimes does require a fairly detailed knowledge of configuration, however,
compared to wired.  When that's been the case, I have struggled with it.

-JJR