Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Feb 14 09:01:11 PST 2008

Craig Black wrote:
> I apologize for the inappropriate post, but I read this material last night
> and am still buzzing about it.  I just have to share it.  I personally am an
> agnostic, so not trying to preach anything, but I thought this was very
> interesting.  I didn't realize that modern science has such a solid theory
> about consciousness.  Namely, that there is only one conscious mind in the
> universe, and that matter is the result of observations of that mind.  At
> the subatomic level, there are only possibilities that require a mind to
> bring into actual reality.  And that mind is not Many but One.  The universe
> essentially consists of a single Indivisible Mind from which matter
> emmanates.
>
> Are these the ramblings of a deluded philosopher or religious cult?  Nope.
> The conclusions that result due to observations and discoveries made by
> Werner Heisenberg, Erwin Schrödinger, and Niels Bohr, all pioneers of
> quantum mechanics.

... and then re-interpreted by a deluded philosopher / religious cult.

> http://www.integralscience.org/ConsciousQM.html

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :-)

I really enjoyed the book "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" when I read it 10
years ago or so.  I think there are a number of books of the same ilk
that try to tie quantum mechanics to things like consciousness or
mysticism.  It's interesting but from what I've seen there isn't
anything like a "solid theory of consciousness" that's got any
scientific rigor to it.   But my data is about 10 years old.  Things do
change.

--bb