Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Thu Feb 14 10:12:17 PST 2008

Craig Black wrote:
> I apologize for the inappropriate post, but I read this material last night
> and am still buzzing about it.  I just have to share it.  I personally am an
> agnostic, so not trying to preach anything, but I thought this was very
> interesting.  I didn't realize that modern science has such a solid theory
> about consciousness.  Namely, that there is only one conscious mind in the
> universe, and that matter is the result of observations of that mind.  At
> the subatomic level, there are only possibilities that require a mind to
> bring into actual reality.  And that mind is not Many but One.  The universe
> essentially consists of a single Indivisible Mind from which matter
> emmanates.
>
> Are these the ramblings of a deluded philosopher or religious cult?  Nope.
> The conclusions that result due to observations and discoveries made by
> Werner Heisenberg, Erwin Schrödinger, and Niels Bohr, all pioneers of
> quantum mechanics.
>
> http://www.integralscience.org/ConsciousQM.html
>
> -Craig

I have not read the link but I did read a short story a week or so ago
about someone playing the Schrödinger's cat trick with a super plague
and all of humanity. The punch line is that everyone involved decides
that if all knowledge about the experiment is destroyed that the world
would be saved. So they kill each other.

This should remarkably like the "watching dark matter can shorten the
life of the universe" buzz from a few months back.