Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:04:18 PST 2008

Yigal Chripun wrote:
> Jb wrote:
>
>> "Yigal Chripun" <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:fp2gtu$qcp$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> well, actually the universe is finite. there is a lot of evidence that
>>> our universe is expanding (big bang and all) and thus it must be finite
>>> (according to math).
>>>

>> Why cant somthing infinite expand?
>>

> well mathematically speaking [as Bill said] infinite can expand.
> However, the universe is indeed finite due to various outcomes from the
> big bang theory, and of course, it's much more complicated than how I
> put it in my previous reply.
> you can read about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang

apparently i was wrong with the math as pointed also by boyd, however, I
found my ill-explained analogy (much better phrased) on wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_expansion_of_space
in my reply i tried to explain "Ant on a balloon model" which you can
search for on that page.
Sorry, for not getting the explanation right the first time. I guess
wikipedia does a much better job explaining that subject.

--Yigal