Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Jb jb at nowhere.com
Thu Feb 14 17:40:21 PST 2008

"Yigal Chripun" <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fp2oej$1asq$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> well mathematically speaking [as Bill said] infinite can expand.
>> However, the universe is indeed finite due to various outcomes from the
>> big bang theory, and of course, it's much more complicated than how I
>> put it in my previous reply.
>> you can read about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang
>>
> apparently i was wrong with the math as pointed also by boyd, however, I
> found my ill-explained analogy (much better phrased) on wikipedia,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_expansion_of_space
> in my reply i tried to explain "Ant on a balloon model" which you can
> search for on that page.
> Sorry, for not getting the explanation right the first time. I guess
> wikipedia does a much better job explaining that subject.

I think the problem comes in that they are just models for the expansion /
warping of space. None of these are proven, or even have much evidence to
support them. Hence the 3 different models. One of which "the rubber sheet"
model, is in fact infinite if I understand correctly.

I mean "expansion" has plenty of evidence yes, but we dont know what kind of
spacial expansion it is. We dont know if we are expanding in infinite space,
or expanding in a finate mobius type space.

That said.. i still think it's equaly incomprehensible / insensible
whichever turns out to be true, if we ever do find out for sure.