Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Fri Feb 15 04:23:35 PST 2008

> "This fine-tuning has two possible explanations. Either the Universe was
> designed specifically for us by a creator or there is a multitude of
> universes—a "multiverse". "
>
> http://environment.newscientist.com/article/mg15821375.100-anything-goes.html
>

> I love the way he dismisses the first option as absurd, regardless of
> the consequences which follow when choosing the second option.

That's why finding God based only on science IMHO is not possible. As
Yigal Chripun already mentioned science is based on set of assumptions
which don't allow scientists to explore some of possible explanations. I
don't think it is so bad for scientists, as you never knows before what
you will find just beyond the corner: another physical law or God
himself. But what is good for scientists is not necessary so good for
human being. If scientists are missing something very important (as God
:-) ), a lot of people can be misleaded by believing in scientists
theories...

Another drawback of these basic scientists assumptions is that they can
lead scientists to accept  very strange and improbable theories as
truth. So in some sense it cause scientists to accept theories which are
more complicated than necessary, what is kind of paradox, taking
Ockham's razor principle into account. In article mentioned above author
noticed that universe seems to be precisely fine-tuned for humans to
live, but it led author to conclusion that there are infinite number of
different universes. In such a high level abstract, unverifiable
thinking, the existence of God should be taken into consideration on the
same level as such theories. The more: there IS some evidence of God's
existence. And this IS fully scientific evidence. It's not evidence of
kind which physicians and mathematicians would look for, as you can not
reproduce in controlled environment your experiment to prove something.
But it is evidence which will be gladly accepted by historicians. I mean
here simplest evidence available: testimony of different people
experiencing God in their life.

If anyone wants to know my exact opinion on that matter you can contact
me through my web page: www.zapytajmnie.com

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)