linux vs posix (changeset 578).

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Feb 15 16:59:15 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> jcc7 wrote:
>> Hasn't Sean Kelly already done this for Tango?
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/browser/trunk/tango/stdc/posix/unistd.d
>>

> Looks like he has! Great!
>
>> It says "Public Domain".
>
> Even better!

For what it's worth, the C99 and POSIX modules in Tango are drawn
directly from the relevant specs and adhere quite rigorously to them.
Any platform-specific functionality is exposed in tango.sys to denote
its non-portable nature.  And since I really can't claim any authorship
for the content of these modules, everything in tango.stdc and below is
Public Domain.  Modules are defined as needed so coverage isn't complete
yet, but it seems to do the trick.  The next big issue to address with
POSIX will be to enable 64-bit file support on linux.  The way that
stuff is exposed in glibc is a bit of a mess and I've avoided it thus far.

Sean