Overload resolution, maybe?

Sean Reque seanthenewt at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 17:18:24 PST 2008

Sean Kelly Wrote:

> Do you mean function overloading or overriding?
>

> Sean
I probably don't have the terminology right. Maybe the term is 'overload resolution'?  Robert described it right, I think. It occurs when you define a function of the same name as one or more functions in a superclass, which effectively shadows the super class function(s). If an object of the class is then up-casted to the super class with a shadowed function and that function is then called, a runtime exception is thrown.