Overload resolution, maybe?

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Jan 4 17:26:59 PST 2008

Sean Reque wrote:
> Sean Kelly Wrote:
>
>> Do you mean function overloading or overriding?
>>

>> Sean
> I probably don't have the terminology right. Maybe the term is 'overload resolution'?  Robert described it right, I think. It occurs when you define a function of the same name as one or more functions in a superclass, which effectively shadows the super class function(s). If an object of the class is then up-casted to the super class with a shadowed function and that function is then called, a runtime exception is thrown.

Oh right, I'd completely forgotten this feature :-)  The discussion took
place in this forum a few months ago under the subject
"Overloading/Inheritance issue."  Here is a link to the first post:

http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=56295

Sean