Polishing D - Interoptability

Bjoern nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 21 01:04:18 PST 2008

Unknown W. Brackets schrieb:
> I thought I might write down some of the many suggestions I have for
> making D really come into the spotlight as a language.
> http://www.unknownbrackets.com/tutorials/polishing-d

Interoptability :
This will make IDE developers work extremely comfortable and will result
    in world class tools.
Having this kind of interoptability (let me say interactive compiler) is
a win win.
Outstanding IDEs, making D even more productive, attractive,  -> greater
user base -> ...
As a side effect I can imagine that dll/so support will be improved.
f.i. Multithreading support.

I really hope to see this features become reallity! Ergo : vote++

But for the moment just 2 little things :
1- make compiler output more consistent, in other words, easier to
parse. (same is valid for profiler output)
2- write errors to stderr

Regarding source-code-management/QA etc. :
IMO this should be essential part of an D IDE. Simply having support for
current systems like CVS/SVN,Mercurial, .. is not good enough.

Excellent article Unknown !
Bjoern